Friday, February 12, 2010

Making Candy with Kids

Sometimes the best holiday treats are so simple. I love cooking with my kids, but often there isn't much time or the recipe I am working on is complicated. I didn't invite the kids to stand at the stove with me as I cooked sugar down into a syrup and then added cream and butter resulting in a somewhat dangerous boiling mess.

Making lollipops, especially when the BFF is over, is always a huge hit. Here is a foolproof way to make something pretty and wow your kids in less than 30 minutes.










Ingredients:
Original Jolly Rancher Candies
Lollypop Sticks
Small Clear Candy bags

Preheat oven to 200°
Line cookie sheet with foil as flat and wrinkle free as possible.
Lay candies out in a pattern you like.
Place in oven gently and melt.
Keep watching until the candy is fully melted and connects.
Remove from oven and immediately roll a stick into the soft candy.
Watch your kids smile!