Wednesday, January 20, 2010





Now if you've been paying attention, and I am sure you have, you may have noticed a switcheroo on this week's wine selection for Wino Wednesday. Originally I was going to post about one of my favorite whites, a French Viognier. However, life interrupted and I forgot to chill it in time to drink it last evening. Since it would definitely be inappropriate to do the tasting before school drop off this morning I decided to switch wines to something that was already chill'in in my wine fridge.





Name: Sauvignon Blanc
Year: 2008
Vintner: St. Supéry
Grape: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Estate Bottled:Yes
Country of Origin: USA, California, Napa
Price: $15.00- $19.00



P & P Tasting Notes:
A light tart Sauvignon Blanc. It smells of grapefruit, melon, and a hint of lime. Its refreshing flavor greets your tongue with a slight tingle so typical of a SB. It has fruity and aromatic flavors that don't overpower or bite.  It has a nice mouth feel and I feel so silly saying that but so many SB's suck all the moisture out of your mouth with their tartness. This one, while remaining faithful to the light, crispy tartness of a SB, doesn't over-do it. This is not a wine I usually buy, it was given to me by a friend. I will absolutely put it on my list of great wines you can trust.

Further information on this grape...
"The varietal identity of Sauvignon Blanc is typically similar to grass, bell-pepper, or grapefruit in nature. New Zealanders liken it to "gooseberry", but that is not a familiar smell or flavor to most Americans. " - Winepros.org


Now it's your turn! 
Post your favorite grape du jour and link to me!